Monday, March 17, 2014

The Nuzlog (Yellow) - Day 20

   I am replaying the Pokémon games from Gen I to Gen VI, in order. I have at least one game for each generation and will be playing what I have available to me. The one unique thing about this play through, for me, is going with a Nuzlocke challenge. Before I start with the log here are the rules I will be enforcing.

1) If a Pokémon faints, it dies and must be released.

2) I can only catch the first Pokémon in each area to use for my team. I can catch more (to meet Pokédex requirements), but they can't be used on the team.

3) I will be creating a story, certain situations will inspire new rules or restrictions later. This will be explained as the story itself progresses.

4) I lose if my entire team faints, and I am unable to collect a new team. EX: I faint in a cave. Before I release my Pokémon. I will go to where I fainted, and use any and all remaining Poké Balls (without battling) to see if I can catch a new Pokémon. If I can't, then my quest is officially over.

OPTIONAL) I can't use Pokémon Centers. I can only rely on my own money, or my mother (or other healing people). For now, it's optional. If I feel that I am able to pull this off, I certainly will (I know I can in later generations, but 1 and 2 will be very difficult).

With those rules setting me up for failure. Here goes the beginning of my quest. Also, I'm using the logic of every 10 minutes (that I play the game) is 1 day (game time) for the story aspect of this journal.

==xx==

The Nuzlog (Yellow) - Day 20


   I had a difficult time coping with LT. Pikams death. I mourned at home for days. Pidgey and Mankey did their best to keep me entertained, but it didn't work.

   After two weeks, I braved the road again. Very quickly Mankey wandered off. I heard it cry out, but before I could get to it, it was too late. The Pidgey had blown it away with a powerful gust, I was unable to catch it on its way by my head. I never saw Mankey again.

   Disheartened again, but determined to avenge his death, I quickly shifted to the side of Viridian to catch a new teammate. I wanted a Nidoran and was graced by its appearance. Without much thought, I threw a Poké Ball and caught it. It was a female rather than a male, but I was more excited to have the tiny rhino to play with.

   I showed my mother, and she was happy that I was slowly able to put my dead Pikachu behind me.

   I ran through Viridian Forest and found a Rattata. Ecstatic, I brought it back in Viridian Forest to battle the immobile Pokémon Metapod. Unfortunately, I was duped. After the Metapod hardened its sinewy shell, it toppled over atop my Rattata. It was completely flattened.

   I went home to tell my mother, but on my way back I discovered my rival, Lucas, was hovering around Route 22. I battled him and defeated him this time. It's time I started avenging LT. Pikams' death.

   Frightened about this gym Leader, Brock, now that my Rattata was dead, I trained my team to the extreme. When they were well enough, I brought them into the gym. I pulverized Brock and his trainers to get the Boulder badge.

   I have traveled long across Route 3, and have come across a small Pokémon Center. Within, I purchased a Magikarp. I was very excited by this purchase, but she just flaps in my hands during battle. With each battle, I slowly discover that she is sadly weak. I named her Hope, because I was weak once, and I am making myself strong. I will not give up on this Magikarp, I will train her and make her stronger.

   I have a long road ahead of me before I reach Cerulean. I am frightened by Mt. Moon, but the journey seems straightforward enough.

   I hope I don't run into any Zubat.

==xx==

The Team:

3.14.14 - - - - a level 18 Pidgey. Caught at Route 1.

3.16.14 - - - - a level 18 Nidorina. Caught at Route 22.

3.17.14 - Hope a level 5 Magikarp. Bought at Route 3.

---

The Fallen:

03.14.14 - LT. Pikams a level 5 Pikachu. Rival's Eevee used tackle. I forgot to use my potion.

03.15.14 - - - - a level 6 Mankey. Wild Pidgey used Gust. I forgot to switch it out.

03.16.14 - - - - a level 4 Rattata. Bug Catcher's Metapod used tackle. Do I really need to explain this one?

00.00.00

No comments:

Post a Comment