Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Nuzlog (Yellow) - Day 38

   I am replaying the Pokémon games from Gen I to Gen VI, in order. I have at least one game for each generation and will be playing what I have available to me. The one unique thing about this play through, for me, is going with a Nuzlocke challenge. Before I start with the log here are the rules I will be enforcing.

1) If a Pokémon faints, it dies and must be released.

2) I can only catch the first Pokémon in each area to use for my team. I can catch more (to meet Pokédex requirements), but they can't be used on the team.

3) I will be creating a story, certain situations will inspire new rules or restrictions later. This will be explained as the story itself progresses.

4) I lose if my entire team faints, and I am unable to collect a new team. EX: I faint in a cave. Before I release my Pokémon. I will go to where I fainted, and use any and all remaining Poké Balls (without battling) to see if I can catch a new Pokémon. If I can't, then my quest is officially over.

OPTIONAL) I can't use Pokémon Centers. I can only rely on my own money, or my mother (or other healing people). For now, it's optional. If I feel that I am able to pull this off, I certainly will (I know I can in later generations, but 1 and 2 will be very difficult).

(Going through my first Nuzlocke WITHOUT going to Pokémon Centers is insane. Sorry, but this rule is getting dropped.)

With those rules setting me up for failure. Here goes the beginning of my quest. Also, I'm using the logic of every 10 minutes (that I play the game) is 1 day (game time) for the story aspect of this journal.

==xx==

The Nuzlog (Yellow) - Day 38


   Mt. Moon was easy. I got through it in roughly three days time. I killed a few Zubat, but they seemed to be in controlled quantities.

   I stumbled across some fossils, and was about to take them, but a maniac claimed that he found them first. I offered to split them 50/50, but he decided that we should battle for control of them instead (I told him that I wanted the fossil dedicated to Lord Helix himself, and he didn't like that). I won. I gave him a fossil anyways (the dome fossil). I was now walking with the power of the deity from old, Lord Helix; I was unstoppable.

   As I was leaving two goons from Team Rocket battled me. I didn't quite catch all of their nonsense, but I kicked their butts and told them to go home. Now, there was nothing stopping me from reaching Cerulean.

   I decided to train a bit before properly entering Cerulean, and I met Lucas on Route 4. I completely demolished him, and proceeded to beat a "challenge" on the bridge. I felt confident with my abilities (I caught an Oddish), so I turned back and finally entered Cerulean.

   The first day in Cerulean, I had a strange dream. I was walking through the grass when a trainer asked me to battle. Instead, a lazy fox teleported me to the Pokémon Center and I decided to battle Misty. I was stopped by Michael Phelps and we battled. After the battle, I decided to meet up with the original trainer and give him the loss I owed him. A strange Pokémon, Mew, blocked my way. I caught it, and my dream ended. Now, this is the weird part, when I discovered the Pokémon Daycare about a week later, the Old Man running it told me that I had already left a Pokémon there. When I asked him which one, he pointed out the window to the floating pink phenomenon called Mew. Weird right? I named her Phenomena, and left her with the daycare; it was time for me to beat Misty.

   As I battled Misty, I knew something was wrong. She claims to use an all out offensive strategy, but the only thing her Pokémon did was harden. When her Starmie was a stiff as steel, she began flying at Captain (my Pidgeotto) with such ferocity that I had to switch him out. I poisoned it with Blue, and swapped in Hope. Hope could tank any of the water attacks that all my other Pokémon were susceptible to.

   I was wrong.

   Starmie, in a good old fashion Metapod way, completely flattened Hope under its steely form. My hope had both literally and figuratively been crushed. Upon killing hope, and unable to switch in Spyro, I brought out Rhina (my Nidoqueen) to take the last hit. Starmie blasted it with water before keeling over from its infection, and I was horrified by what I saw.

   Rhina was laying on the ground struggling to breathe. I rushed over, and she wrapped her arm around me. She was struggling, but she would make it.

   Misty tried talking to me, but I pushed her into the water and ran as fast as I could to the Pokémon Center. I had defeated my second gym, but I had lost Hope, again, both literally and figuratively. I needed to find more.

   Hope, you will not be forgotten.



==xx==

The Pokémon Team:

03.14.14 - Captain, a level 23 Pidgey. Caught at Route 1.

03.16.14 - Rhina, a level 22 Nidoqueen. Caught at Route 22.

03.18.14 - Blue, a level 16 Oddish. Caught at Route 4.

03.08.14 - Spyro, a level 11 Charmander. Adopted at Route 4.


---

The Fallen Pokémon:

03.14.14 - LT. Pikams a level 5 Pikachu. Rival's Eevee used tackle. I forgot to use my potion.

03.15.14 - - - - a level 6 Mankey. Wild Pidgey used Gust. I forgot to switch it out.

03.16.14 - - - - a level 4 Rattata. Bug Catcher's Metapod used tackle. Do I really need to explain this one?

03.20.14 - Hope a level 18 Magikarp. Misty's Starmie used tackle. Critical hit.


00.00.00

No comments:

Post a Comment