Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Nuzlog (Yellow) - Day 53

     I am replaying the Pokémon games from Gen I to Gen VI, in order. I have at least one game for each generation and will be playing what I have available to me. The one unique thing about this play through, for me, is going with a Nuzlocke challenge. Before I start with the log here are the rules I will be enforcing.

1) If a Pokémon faints, it dies and must be released.

2) I can only catch the first Pokémon in each area to use for my team. I can catch more (to meet Pokédex requirements), but they can't be used on the team.

3) I will be creating a story, certain situations will inspire new rules or restrictions later. This will be explained as the story itself progresses.

4) I lose if my entire team faints, and I am unable to collect a new team. EX: I faint in a cave. Before I release my Pokémon. I will go to where I fainted, and use any and all remaining Poké Balls (without battling) to see if I can catch a new Pokémon. If I can't, then my quest is officially over.


With those rules setting me up for failure. Here goes the beginning of my quest. Also, I'm using the logic of every 10 minutes (that I play the game) is 1 day (game time) for the story aspect of this journal.

==xx==

The Nuzlog (Yellow) - Day 53


   It took me a few days to entirely cope with my loss of Hope. I meandered down to Saffron City, but I was stopped by a thirsty guard. Instead, I went underground to Vermillion.

   Once at Vermillion, I found that I would need to face the gym leader, Lt. Surge. My mind fluttered off to my Lt. Pikams and I became depressed for a few more days. During this time I explored the various houses and caught a Magikarp by the sea; I named it Poseidon, for it would become the god of the sea.

   Poseidon didn't like that I named my Magikarp after him apparently. My first battle against a Weedle did me in. A poisonous stinger flew directly into his eye, and his immune system ceased to work before I could cure it. Are these Pokémon completely helpless? As I see them as an epitome of me, am I completely helpless?

   I was fishing along Route 6 in hopes of finding some cool water Pokémon, but instead was attacked by a Magikarp. To this, I figured a Pokémon was better than no Pokémon, so I added her to my team. I named her Tsunami; I didn't want to invoke the rage of the gods once again.

   It has been DAYS since anything exciting happened. Magikarp is still a Magikarp, and my herculean fear of bushes prevents me from combating the gym leader. Some old guy gave me a bike voucher though, and I heard that the S.S. Anne is having a going away party sometime soon, and Bill did give me a ticket; it'd be a shame not to go.

   Wait a minute, I have a Bike Voucher!



==xx==

The Pokémon Team:

03.14.14 - Captain, a level 23 Pidgey. Caught at Route 1.

03.16.14 - Rhina, a level 25 Nidoqueen. Caught at Route 22.

03.18.14 - Blue, a level 16 Oddish. Caught at Route 4.

03.18.14 - Spyro, a level 16 Charmander. Adopted at Route 4.

03.22.14 - Tsunami, a level 14 Magikarp. Caught on Route 6.


---

The Fallen Pokémon:

03.14.14 - LT. Pikams a level 5 Pikachu. Rival's Eevee used tackle. I forgot to use my potion.

03.15.14 - - - - a level 6 Mankey. Wild Pidgey used Gust. I forgot to switch it out.

03.16.14 - - - - a level 4 Rattata. Bug Catcher's Metapod used tackle. Do I really need to explain this one?

03.20.14 - Hope a level 18 Magikarp. Misty's Starmie used tackle. Critical hit.

03.21.14 - Poseidon a level 7 Magikarp. Critical hit and poison damage. I didn't make it to the Pokémon Center in time.


00.00.00

No comments:

Post a Comment